Print

Greetings!

The PA Planning Team is thrilled to announce an updated feature within the Comprehensive Planning web application that will provide you with strategies and resources to aid in the development of your Action Plans.  Starting April 4, 2016, the link to the “PDE Recognized Strategies” will be changed to “Import Strategy from Resource Bank”.  From the help of various school leaders and Intermediate Unit contacts, the PA Planning Team has created a repository of strategies and/or resources for schools to select after identifying priority goals within the system.  As a developmental upgrade, you will now be able to select a strategy from the “Import Strategy from Resource Bank” link, import it, and then explain how your LEA plans to implement that strategy.  We have included snapshots below of the new upgrade and, as always, would appreciate your feedback.  If you have strategies/resources to share or ideas to improve the bank even further, please let us know!

District/Charter Level Plan>View Action Plans – After identifying your priority goals, you will have the chance to  select strategies that have a high probability of helping you attain your goal.  To access the repository of strategies and resources, select the “Create or Import a Strategy” link.

cid:<a href=[log in to unmask]">

Here you may either enter in your own custom strategy or select the “Import Strategy from Resource Bank” to view the updated repository of strategies.

cid:<a href=[log in to unmask]">

You may expand any of the titles to preview the description of the strategy/resource and also the research behind it.  To select one of the strategies, simply click “Import” and the strategy will be brought into your plan.

cid:<a href=[log in to unmask]">

You will now have the ability to edit any of the description (if needed), while also adding in a description of how your LEA will implement this strategy and why you feel it would be an effective strategy to use to reach your goal(s).  Please note that when a strategy is imported from the Resource Bank, the SAS alignment will also be checked for you as well.  Please feel free to adjust that area if needed.

cid:<a href=[log in to unmask]">

We hope you enjoy the updated feature and take advantage of the plethora of resources that are now at your fingertips!  If you have any questions about this information, please contact our helpdesk by emailing [log in to unmask] or calling 717-732-8403.

*If you are unable to view any of the images displayed in this email, please see the attached file*

Thank you!

The PA Planning Team

NEW! CP Office Hours:  Click here to register for our virtual office hours held every 2 weeks.

This message is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited.  Please contact me immediately if you have received this communication in error.

If you no longer wish to receive Comprehensive Planning messages, you may unsubscribe from this listserve.