Print

This message is intended for Focus and Priority schools and any individual working with those schools

Please disregard this message if you are not a designated Priority or Focus school

School Improvement Plans (SIP) are generally designed to define targeted work that raises the achievement of students.  As best practice, School Improvement Plans should be visited often, through the process of data review and effective action planning.

On March 9, 2018, you may have received an email stating a resubmission of your School Improvement Plan was not required.  After further communication with the Pennsylvania Department of Education and in order to adhere to federal accountability requirements, Focus and Priority schools will be required to resubmit their School Improvement Plan through the Comprehensive Planning web application by June 30, 2018.   We apologize for any confusion created in regards to the March 9th email.

For any Priority or Focus school that may be moving from a targeted Title I program to a Title I schoolwide program, the date for submission can be delayed until September 1, 2018, with approval from Maria Garcia ([log in to unmask]), at the Office of Federal Programs.

You may begin making revisions/edits to your School Improvement Plan at any time.  Our team is in the process of updating the web application with minor changes and also preparing the plan for submission.  We will be sending additional communication in the coming weeks to provide more detail, along with step-by-step instructions for completing and submitting your School Improvement Plan, but again, you may begin updating the plan at any time since all changes will be saved.

If you have any questions at this time, please contact our PA Planning Helpdesk by emailing [log in to unmask] or calling 717-732-8403.

Thank you,

The PA Planning Team

717-732-8403

If you no longer wish to receive Comprehensive Planning messages, you may unsubscribe from this listserve.